The 1st International Motion Festival (IMF) will be organized in March 2012 in Nicosia, Cyprus by the Department of Arts of the European University Cyprus, and it will be the first of its kind both in Cyprus and the broader Mediterranean and Middle East region. It aims to bring together film-makers, video artists, computer animators, graphic designers and their audience and to familiarize the public with what has traditionally remained as the “invisible art”: motion graphics.
Even though motion graphics has been around for decades as a discipline, it is only recently that it has taken leaps forward and been acknowledged as another art form. The 1st IMF aims to open a forum for the presentation of the most contemporary and most creative work in the field of motion graphics and thus to be established as a pioneering event for the future, that will promote innovative and cutting-edge work.
Motion Graphics Works Wanted!
The 1st International Motion Festival (IMF) is dedicated to the latest and most innovative motion graphics work. There is no limitation on the subject of the work submitted.
Selected Works will be Presented on IMF
The selected works will be presented on the 1st International Motion Festival (IMF) in March 2012.
Eligibility and Requirements
- To be eligible for participation, the work must have been produced no more than 3 years before the festival.
- Each artist is allowed to participate up to three categories.
- For every entry you must complete separate entry form and DVD.
- All DVD cases must be labeled with the title of the entry and contact information.
- Charges for sending the entry submission are paid by artists.
- The duration of the video should not exceed 15 minutes.
- The video must be submitted in DV PAL, (4:3 or 16:9) resolution.
- The video file should be .avi, .mpeg or .mov format file.
- You may not enter a video capture of video games or T.V. Adverts.
- The IMF Cyprus has authorization to use up to 1 minute from each video for the promotional purposes of the festival either online or exposure by various other means.
How to Submit Your Works?
- Download the Entry Form & Regulation Document
- Read the regulation document, type, save (*), print and sign the entry submission form.
- Copy your work on a DVD.
- Create your DATA CD with the typed submission form and 4 photo stills.
- Mail the DVD / CD and the printed entry form.
- Mark on the envelope “CULTURAL SAMPLE / NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
Send by Post at:IMF Cyprus (Attn: Ms Demetra Englezou)
Department of Arts
European University Cyprus
6, Diogenous Street