Pastel artists worldwide are invited to submit works for the 14th annual Pastel 100 competition. Artists can compete in 5 different categories through artworks that are at leas 80% soft pastel.
This competition is hosted by Pastel Journal, America’s leading magazine devoted to pastel artists. Pastel 100 offers cash, prizes and publicity to its lucky and talented winners.
Winners in this competition will be featured in the April 2013 issue of Pastel Journal magazine.
The 14th Annual Pastel 100 Competition is Currently Accepting Artworks
Original artworks – at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel – are being accepted in five (5) different categories, juried by different jurors:
- Landscape & Interior
- Still Life/Floral
The following prizes are reserved for the best entries:
- Pastel Journal Grand Prize Award: $5,000
- Pastel Journal Gold Medal Award: $2,500
- Pastel Journal Silver Medal Award: $1,500
- Pastel Journal Bronze Medal Award: $1,000
- Special Award: The Ruth Richeson/Unison Pastels Award: Set of Unison Pastels (324 pieces, value $1,800) + $750 worth of Richeson Co. products
- plus, several Jack Richeson/Unison Pastels Category Awards
Pastel Journal will also make 70 honorable mentions – image and information about each painting will be published in the Magazine.
Artists can be from anywhere in the world but must be age 16 or older.
For more info, please visit the official website.
All entries are $20 per image.