Type Directors Club (TDC) is hosting its 66th annual Communication Design Competition and accepts original work by designers worldwide.
Print or Digital Media (single or series) entries which have been produced or published during 2019 are eligible for submission.
Entries selected by the jury will receive Certificates of Typographic Excellence. They will be exhibited in the 66th TDC Exhibition and appear in Typography 41. The opening of TDC66 will be held in New York City and will be on display during the summer of 2020.
Winners will also be asked to supply eight (8) additional copies of winning entries for use in exhibitions outside New York. These shows travel throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asian countries. Credits of individuals and firms that have contributed to each entry will be included in the exhibitions and in Typography 41.
The TDC66 Communication Design Competition includes the following categories:
- Advertisements & Advertising
- Annual Reports & other Financial Reports
- Book Jackets & Covers
- Brochures & Direct Mail
- Editorial (Magazine, Newspaper and Newsletter)
- Exhibits (Displays, Point-of-Purchase, Signage, Architectural and Dimensional Design)
- Experimental / Fine Art / Unpublished
- Logos / Trademarks / Symbols
- Mixed Series
- T-Shirts / Apparel
- Other (Banners, Email, Kiosks, DVD Interface, Presentations, other)
- Movie Titles — Feature Films
- Motion — Online Titles, Live Events
- Motion — Unscreened work/Experimental
Only winners will be notified the week of 3 February 2020 by email.
The Type Directors Club is the leading international organization, created in 1946 to support excellence in typography, both in print and on screen.
TDC Communication Design Competition 2020 – Entry Fees
Entry fees for TDC Members start from $60 (US) for single entries, $90 (US) for series entries. Higher entry fees apply for Non-members and late fees apply for entries after 13th December 2019.