The Syngenta Photo Prize recognizes and rewards outstanding photography of modern agriculture – including landscapes, plants, communities and technologies. Enter and you could win some world-class imaging equipment.
Whether you are an experienced professional or a talented amateur, we want your photos. Entry is free, and prizes include vouchers for equipment worth up to $8,000 US from our prize sponsor, Canon.
The Syngenta Photo Prize is not just about collecting pretty pictures. We want to create a record of modern agriculture. We want to help people understand its importance in terms of meeting the growing demand for food from a global population. We want to strengthen the connection between farmers, growers, and the consumers they serve.
“To mark Syngenta’s 10th anniversary, our company purpose has been chosen as the theme of this year’s competition.” said Jonathan Seabrook, Head Corporate Affairs. “The rich diversity of plants is central to both our business and global agriculture and photography is the ideal medium through which to capture that diversity.”
The theme is “Bringing plant potential to life”. What does “Bringing plant potential to life” mean to you? How you would visualize it within the context of modern agriculture?
Whether you are a full-time professional photographer or an enthusiastic amateur, we invite you to explore the diversity and beauty of agriculture.
The most outstanding images – 3 from entries within Syngenta and 3 from outside the company – will be awarded vouchers for Canon equipment:
1st prize: $8,000 US
2nd prize: $5,000 US
3rd prize: $3,000 US
- The Syngenta Photo Prize 2010 is one global photography competition, which is open to Syngenta employees as well as to participants outside Syngenta. However, the judging of the submitted photographs will be made separately.
- Photographs must have been taken since 1 January 2009.
- Submissions should be in JPG format and at least 300dpi (1200 x 1500 pixels), maximum 5MB. They may be color or black and white, or both.
- We will announce three internal winners and three external winners.
- For the internal Photo Prize any person employed by Syngenta, full-time or part-time at the time of entry, can participate.
- For the external Photo Prize any amateur and professional photographer anywhere in the world can participate.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over on the closing date of the Syngenta Photo Prize 2010.
How to enter?
Photographs need to be submitted through the Syngenta Photo Prize Website. Submissions by email or on paper are not allowed.