Super8 Shots features a short film competition. Prizes includes over €1000 worth of Super8 equipment, Filmstock, processing coupons and telecine services offered by Super8 Ireland and our other sponsors.
Super8 Shots is now accepting submissions of films shot on 8mm. Films should be under 5 minutes in duration and preferably created within the last year. Both 8mm and digital formats accepted.
Submit your films which have been shot on 8mm film format (Super8, Single, Normal8).
Prizes include over €1000 worth of Super8 equipment, Filmstock, processing coupons and telecine services offered by Super8 Ireland and our other sponsors
- The Festival accepts only films which have been shot on 8mm film format (Super8, Single, Normal8).
- Entries should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Only one entry per applicant will be accepted.
- Any genres are accepted (documentary, fiction, experimental, music videos, etc.).
- Submissions may be on actual 8mm film reels, but are also accepted in digital format (DVD, .avi file, quicktime .mov file, Mini-DV Tape). In other words, your film can also be digitally edited but all original content must be 8mm film.
- Preference will be given to films shot within the last year, although films shot earlier will also be considered.
- SAE should be included if you would like your submission returned. If you are submitting from outside Ireland, you will be send relevant details.
- Copyright for all sound and images should be obtained.
How to enter?
Entries can be sent (registered post advised) to the following address:Julien Dorgere
Galway, Co. Galway
Submissions should include the date of the work, a short biography + synopsis of the film (ready for website if selected) (and images of work or links to where work can be viewed if available).
Where high res film are available, email submissions are acceptable with links/attachments of work. The submission date for email applications is 21 May to allow time for hard copies to be sent, if selected.
The deadline for submissions is 1 June 2010.