Star’s House is an open annual international contest for students of schools of architecture and architectural faculties. The 2010 Star’s House is offering students, valuable prizes and diplomas.
As usual six famous persons are chosen and students are offered to create a house for one of them, as a part of the assignment in the Star’s House contest.
Star’s House 2010 is waiting for interesting ideas and original projects from you.
You have to choose a “client” from the list, analyze his/her personality, character, interests, preferences and invent a house which fits for the “client” as precisely as possible.
Winners will get valuable prizes and diplomas and the best projects will be published in Domus magazine.
The capital prize of the 2010 Star’s House contest is seven-day education in Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design (program: Conceptual Drawing for Architects and Designers) in London.
- The contest is run between students of schools of architecture and architectural faculties of non-architectural high schools from all over the world. University and college entrants and certificated specialists are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Students have to provide the projects until 1 November 2010.
- The participant guarantees the exclusive copyrights to its sent work. If there are any claims of the third parties concerning the specified work, the participant will oblige to settle them by himself. If there are any disputes concerning copyrights to this or that work taking part in Contest, such work will be automatically removed from Contest, and if the participant’s work is chosen as a winner of competition, the result of such choice will be canceled.
- The contest organizer is not responsible for the projects which do not reach the contest final. Submissions will not be returned.
- The contest organizers and sponsors have the right to use photo materials of the submissions for advertising and informational purposes.
How to enter?
To participate in the Star’s House contest, you have to sign up on the official website until deadline.
The following has to be provided to the contest:
- Virtual project of the house. The project must be presented in graphic formats (TIF, JPEG, BMP). Image size: 800×600 mm, horizontally aligned. The project must contain:
- Necessary projections – floor plans, sections (2 or more)
- Facades at scale 1:100.
- An explanatory note. The explanatory note has to contain information on the architectural object and necessary descriptions. The descriptions has to be written in Russian or in English.
The house is designed on the site without a master plan.
The projects have to be sent on e-mail: konkurs [at] salonpress.ru (please replace [at] with @).
You can also use file hosting service (for example, dropbox.com, webshare.com) and send the address of your file in e-mail massage.
- A model of the house. The House model must be made on a separate sketching board sized not more 800 x 600 mm. Recommended scale — 1:50. The scale has to be noted. Participants may send photos of the model instead of real model if they don’t live in Russia or CIS (ex Soviet Union States). Resolution of the photos shouldn’t be less than 8 mpix. Photos have to give necessary presentation about the model. You can send the photos on e-mail: konkurs [at] salonpress.ru (please replace [at] with @).
Attention! If your project is selected as winner, you must provide the Organizing committee with real model of the house.
Postal address for your works:Nagatinskaya str., 1, bld. 29,
Publishing House “Salon-Press”.
For additional information please contact Melanya Aydinyan, the Manager of the project “Star’s House” on konkurs [at] salonpress.ru (please replace [at] with @).