The St. Baldrick’s Foundation is excited to announce the second annual design contest for the Foundation’s 2011 t-shirts.
The contest requests entrants to design a t-shirt for the expected 60,000 St. Baldrick’s shavees, volunteers and donors in 2011.
The St. Baldrick’s Foundation is seeking a design that captures their mission, their commitment to childhood cancer research, and also the excitement and heartfelt spirit of head-shaving events.
This year is a landmark year for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation in its efforts to fund research for childhood cancer. The Foundation has already raised more than $20.1 million in 2010 – surpassing its best year of fundraising, and looks forward to funding more research than ever before! Since 2000, St. Baldrick’s has raised more than $89 million for childhood cancer research by shaving more than 145,000 heads – including more than 12,000 women and 28,500 children – at more than 3,200 events worldwide.
Create t-shirt designs that capture St. Baldrick’s Foundation commitment to childhood cancer research.
You are encouraged to incorporate the tag line and theme – “Let’s Conquer Kids’ Cancer” – into their proposed t-shirt design.
Your design will be judged on creativity, relevancy to the cause or Foundation, it’s effectiveness in drawing interest to St. Baldrick’s and their mission.
The winning design will be used on the more than 60,000 t-shirts worn by St. Baldrick’s shavees, volunteers, and donors during 2011.
The winning designer will not only see their design printed on more than 60,000 t-shirts; but will also receive a prize pack from first-time contest sponsor Warheads® that includes a 25 oz bag of Warheads® Extreme Sour Hard Candy, a Warheads® t-shirt, bandana, beanie and waterbottle.
Warheads® will also provide the winner with a $250 cash prize and make a $250 donation to the Foundation in the designer’s name.
- Contest entry is open to all geographical regions.
- There is no age limit for artist submitted t-shirt designs; however, children under age 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission to enter the competition.
- The St. Baldrick’s Foundation Logo must be used in the design and can only be reproduced in the Foundation’s colors. Appropriate St. Baldrick’s Foundation logos may be downloaded from the official website.
- No copyrighted images may be used. If photos or original artwork is involved we will need written permission by the image owner to reproduce the design.
- Designs should be 300dpi at 100% of the size we will be printing (approximately 10”x10” for t-shirts.)
- Designs should use CMYK or RGB.
- Designs will be placed on navy blue, gray blue, or gunmetal gray t-shirts and a design that compliments this color choice will be appreciated. Sample colors are available on the official website.
- Designs are only being considered for the front of the t-shirts. Artwork will not be featured on the back of shirts.
- The winning design will become sole property of the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to be used in all media in perpetuity, at the Foundation’s discretion.
- Designs will be judged by a panel consisting of St. Baldrick’s Foundation staff and board members; volunteers; honored families; and donors.
How to enter?
Designs should be submitted in JPGs or PDF format and can be emailed to media [at] stbaldricks.org (please replace [at] with @).
If your design must be submitted on a disc, please email media [at] stbaldricks.org (please replace [at] with @) to inquire mailing information.