Аll professional and student artists, art directors, publishers and artist representatives are invited to submit entries to the 26th Annual Spectrum International Competition for Fantastic Art.
All art works in all mediums embracing the themes of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and the surreal are eligible for this show.
Work chosen by the jury will be printed in full color in the Spectrum Twenty-Sixth annual, the peer-selected “best of the year” collection for the fantastic arts. Selected artists will receive a complimentary copy of the Spectrum annual.
Fantastic Art can be subtle or obvious, traditional or off-the-wall, painted, sculpted, done digitally or photographed: there is no unacceptable way to create art and there are no set rules that say one piece qualifies while another does not. Imagination and skill are what matters.
Entries can be submitted into eight major categories:
- Advertising — art for newspapers or magazines; posters for films, TV or publications; packaging for video or music products; and art for brochures, billboards or POP displays
- Book — art appearing inside or on the covers of all hardbound or paperback books, including children’s books
- Comics/Graphic Novels — covers or individual pages from adult or children’s comics or graphic novels
- Concept Art — work created for films, TV programs, theater or video games
- Dimensional — sculptures created for model kits, collectibles, editorial or fine art
- Editorial — all art appearing in magazines or newspapers, including spot art, political or humorous works, or on television news or “magazine” programs
- Institutional — art appearing in connection with announcements, annual reports, calendars, greeting cards, prints, portfolios, posters, plates, website graphics, collectibles, promotional directories or self-promotion mailers, and any other venues not obviously covered by the other categories
- Unpublished — art created for portfolios, student work, gallery shows, experimental studies, speculative assignments and ongoing projects for work to be published at a future date
Any published or unpublished art may be submitted in the appropriate category. Work must have been finished or first published in 2018.
Spectrum 26 – International Competition for Fantastic Art – Entry Fees
The single entry fee is $20 per work.
The series (five or fewer related pieces) entry fee is $40.