Every year, the Society of Publication Designers (SPD) holds a professional competition to find the best editorial design out there. Now students have the chance to be a part of this world-class event!
Enter up to 5 entries according to the competition categories and rules, and you could win cash prizes, the Adobe Creative Suite software and – perhaps best of all – an internship!
This competition is open to students worldwide. The only requirement is that you need to be an enrolled (undergraduate) student at a school accredited by the Society of Publication Designers (SPD).
A Worldwide Publication Design Competition for Students
Each year, SPD sponsors a publication design competition that recognizes the best work done by professionals for magazines, news-papers and other periodicals. This work includes design, illustration and photography.
Here is what you need to do in this competition:
- Select a project from one of the five categories (Entertainment, City/Regional, How-To…, Business Trend, Sports/Adventure) listed in the entry form.
- Create a 4-page story (two spreads) on the project you choose. Original photography or illustration is required for one category, but not all; it is welcome in every category though, if appropriate.
- Submit either printed material or digital files
The Absolutely Stunning List of Awards!
The first, second, and third place winners will be honored with an Award of Excellence and an invitation to the Society of Publication Designers’ Annual Awards Gala in May 2012 in New York City. At the Gala, the first place winner will be presented with The Adobe Scholarship in Honor of B.W. Honeycutt, a $2500 prize and a summer internship at one of the top magazines in New York.
There will also be second and third-place prizes of $1000 and $500, respectively. All winners will also receive a copy of Adobe’s Creative Suite software.
Award-winning work will be printed in the Society of Publication Designers’ PUB 47 Design Annual (often leading to jobs!).
Here are Some of the Competition Regulations
- The SPD 2012 Student Design Competition is open to students worldwide, but you need to be an enrolled (undergraduate) student at a school accredited by the Society of Publication Designers (SPD).
- You may enter more than one design in the same or different categories.
- Submissions must be approved by a design professor or teacher.
- Each student may submit a maximum of five entries.
- All winners will be notified by telephone and email by Friday, 16 March 2012.
How to Enter the SPD 2012 Student Design Competition?
Mail all entries with completed entry and payment forms to:The Society of Publication Designers
27 union Square West, Suite 207
New York, NY 10003
- $10 per entry