Kaman Art Foundation is calling visual artists, performing artists and art critics to apply for the international artist village residency – Sowing Seeds 2011.
Sowing Seeds is a project that intends to create dialogues and exchanges amongst artists beyond their national identity and serves as an opportunity for rural artists to meet, share and exchange ideas, visions, and diverse views in order to create a deeper understanding of art.
The artist residency will bring together 15 international artists practicing in a wide variety of media, collaboration, outdoor sculpture, documentation, or performing to bring benefit to a specific site and share ideas and methods for a period of 14 days in the village of Barmer, Rajasthan (India).
- Young and emerging visual artists, performing artists and critics – Artists who are able to stay at village Gelavas for the designated period of time
- Artists who are able to produce results of his or her residence activities, e.g. exhibitions, performances, concerts or presentations
- Artists who are able to communicate and collaborate with local people and participate in the exchange program
Number of Residencies
A total of 15 artists will be selected.
14 days (20 December 2011 – 2 January 2012)
The artists residency will provide the selected artists with full lodging and food, work space, local transportation and a small material stipend.
Fill out the application form and send it together with all other required materials (see below) to: kamanartfoundation [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @).
- Residency Application form
- Current resume / curriculum vitae.
- Max. 10 images/ 5 video links with a clear description of the works.
- Artist Statement (200 word max)
- What is motivating you to come to Rajasthan, India (200 word max)
- Project Proposal (200 max) will be relative to environmental, social development to village(with whom you are interested in collaborating)
- Copy of passport