Each year, amateur photographers from around the globe, select 3 of their top photographs, that best reflect a celebration of the mining industry, for submission to the Snowden Photography Competition. For the past 5 years, the competition has grown to a record over 1,000 submissions received last year.
2010 promises to follow this trend with increased interest from not only the photographers, but from the media and industry publications too – don’t miss out on your chance to be part of this increasingly popular event.
Submit photos that are related to and celebrate the mining industry. The competition is open to citizens older than 18 from all countries.
Submit photos that are related to the mining industry. Images can be landscape, portrait or panorama format, sepia, black and white or colour.
- First Prize: Aus $10,000
- Category Prizes: Aus $2,000 each (3 categories)
- Black and White Category Aus $3,000 (new category introduced in 2009)
- People’s Choice: Aus $1,000
- The competition is open to citizens older than 18 from all countries.
- Employees or associates of Snowden are eligible but can only enter in a non-competitive manner, i.e. they cannot win any prizes.
- You may enter three photographs only.
- All photos must be mining industry related and will be disqualified if they’re not.
- Anything that falls under the realm of normal fine-tuning of a photograph is acceptable. That includes spot toning, dodging and burning, or the digital equivalents. Contrast adjustment and colour adjustment is acceptable. Photos should retain their original form and cannot be a composition of numerous images. If the judges see that a photo has been obviously altered by the photographer, it will be disqualified.
- Framed or mounted photos will not be accepted.
- Only high quality jpegs or tiffs will be accepted.
- There is no limit on the file size and the larger the file size, the better.
- Only photos that hasn’t been submitted to or won other contests can be submitted.
How to enter?
To enter the photo competition, please use the official online entry form.
To enter by post complete an entry form and send with the photograph to:PO Box 77
Please use an adhesive label on the back of your photo with your contact details and the date and location of the photo. The photo must be 20cm x 25cm. Transparencies or negatives will not be accepted.