The Snowden photography competition provides a unique opportunity to capture the diversity and beauty that is part of the mining industry. Entries are now being accepted for the 2012 edition!
This year Snowden has included four new categories for the competition as a way of providing additional options and inspiration in ‘celebrating the mining industry’.
For the past 5 years, the competition has grown to a record over 1,000 submissions received last year. 2012 promises to follow this trend with increased interest last year from not only the photographers, but from the media and industry publications too – don’t miss out on your chance to be part of this increasingly popular event.
Celebrating the Mining Industry Through Photography
How often does anyone get a chance to compete on the basis of photography in the mining industry? We’d say, not that often. The Snowden competition became very popular during the past few years, because it offers a truly unique opportunity for photographers.
The Snowden photo competition is open to all amateur photographers, at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
Your entry must be a single work of original material and cannot be a composition of numerous images. You may submit a maximum of three photographs taken by yourself.
The Snowden Group will award the following prizes in this competition:
- The Overall Prize Winner will receive A$10,000;
- The Significant achievements in Mining Category Prize Winner will receive A$1,000;
- The Technology and innovation in Mining Category Prize Winner will receive A$1,000;
- The Environmental or sustainability successes in Mining Category Prize Winner will receive A$1,000;
- The People in Mining and their stories Category Prize Winner will receive A$1,000;
- The People‟s Choice Category Winner will receive A$1,000.
For further details please visit Snowden.