Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is inviting you to be a part of the “Small Farmers Are the Answer” Creative Challenge and bring positive changes in the world.
Choose your way of being creative and show the world that investing in small farmers in the developing world is the solution to reducing hunger and poverty.
Show the world how small farmers are growing more, earning more, using better seeds, having success with livestock, and gaining access to new market opportunities.
Show the world that investing in small farmers in the developing world is the solution to reducing hunger and poverty. And do it in a creative way.
Create a compelling message – using your design, filmmaking, or writing skills – that shows why investing in small farmers is good for the world. Here’s what the organizers are looking for:
- Build a Game: Use an easy online tool like GameSalad, 001 Game Creator, or GameMaker to create a simple game that conveys the obstacles and successes of small farmers. You can also start from scratch by using your own amazing game-building skills.
- Create an Infographic: Use some of organizer’s statistics, or find your own, to tell the story of small farmers in a powerfully visual way.
- Design a Poster: Create an iconic image or poster that shows small farmers and their successes.
- Make a Video: Produce a short live action or animated video that tells a gripping story.
- Share Photos: Put together a photo essay of farmers in the developing world to tell a new, powerful story. You can use some of our photos if you’d like.
- Write a Tweet: Craft a tweet so forceful and universal it will resonate around the world.
One favorite from each content category will be highlighted on the foundation’s Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, and blog channels, where appropriate, during the week of 6 June 2011, which is a great opportunity for huge media exposure.
- All submissions must be your own original work and can’t contain copyrighted materials. The only exception is foundation-owned content made available specifically for this challenge.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to the official challenge rules.
How to enter?
Email your final, completed materials to submissions [at] gatesfoundation.org (please replace [at] with @). But first, make sure you read all guidelines on the official website.