SKOPJE RE-MIX is a social and artistic experiment in which the creativity of everyone who chooses to participate is tested. We have published several photos of our city that represent a base on which you can “spatter” all the ideas that constitute a figment of your creativity. In return, we are going to present your work on a collaborative exhibit.
This project is self-financed and it is not supported by any donor or foundation. The basic purpose is to prove, in practice, that things can function in an immediate and directly democratic manner.
Make a visual remix on some of the provided photographs on the official website.
As a leading idea, you can use the Remix manifesto which goes as follows:
- Creativity always builds on the past.
- The past will always try to control the future.
- Our future is becoming less free.
- To build something free, you must limit the control of the past.
Your work is presented on a collaborative exhibit.
- You are free to choose how you want to express yourselves.
- Apply the software that suits you most and you are most familiar with.
- Cut, paste, add, remove, manipulate with the photos in a way you think is the best.
- There are no limitations as to the number of works you may submit.
- The most important thing is to use some of the published photos.
- The only criterion to be met is for the works to be outside the domain of daily politics. We refuse to be an instrument of the will of political elites that are equally repressive, regardless of the cosmetic differences in their views. However, that does not mean that one should be apolitical and apathetic, on the contrary, we prompt any revolt against the systems of domination, but we do not support partisan
How to enter?
- Download the photo
- Make a visual remix
- Send your work to our e-mail address compressorzkt (at) mail.com (in any usual format like .jpg, .tiff or .png in 300dpi and A5 size format)