Easter Seals and Google SketchUp have teamed up to launch this first-of-its-kind online competition. The Easter Seals’ Sketch-A-Space competition offers people with autism – and those interested in learning more about autism or who have someone in their life that lives with autism – an opportunity to design their ideal, dream space using Google SketchUp’s free 3-D modeling software.
Design the room or space of your dreams – for a chance to win $2,000 to make that dream space come true. Join Sketch-A-Space in helping to make spaces more accessible to people living with autism!
Design the room or space of your dreams.
There are four competition categories:
- Youth with Autism: individuals with autism age 13-17
- Adult with Autism: individuals with autism age 18 and over
- Youth: individuals without autism age 13-17
- Adult: individuals without autism age 18 and over
Of the four (4) contest Finalists selected, three (3) will win $1,000 in the form of a check or gift card to the winner’s choice of a home design/home improvement store.
One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from the finalists and will receive $2,000 in the form of a check or gift card to the winner’s choice of a home design/home improvement store.
- The competition is open to any interested party age thirteen (13) and older within the United States. Anyone below the age of eighteen (18) must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian prior to entering, and the parent or guardian must consent to be bound – on their child’s and their own behalf – to the Official Rules. The competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Organizer as well as their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling, child, and spouse of any of the foregoing) and those living in their immediate households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter the competition or to win a prize.
- Entrants share their ideas utilizing a unique Google Sites Entry Page, which shall include a Google SketchUp model, YouTube video(s), photograph(s) and a narrative.
- The room shall be no larger than 200 square feet.
How to enter?
The Sketch-A-Space Contest requires you to:
- Create your space in a Google Site Template, and
- Submit your entry using our Easter Seals Submission Page.
To get started, you will first work in the Google Site Template to create your space and save your work as your own unique Google Site. You must name and save your entry page. This template will become your final submission, showcasing your completed space with a required video, pictures, and description of your space. Be creative!
Your entry page will have a unique URL that you will use for your competition entry on Easter Seals’ Submission Page. Make sure to read all of the competition rules before submitting your entry.