The SIGGRAPH 2011 Student Volunteers program wants to put you in a red vest with the network of students who facilitate the needs of the conference and give you the opportunity to meet and learn from industry professionals, artists, and teachers.
As a Student Volunteer on SIGGRAPH, you will form relationships with other students that will last for your entire career.
The SIGGRAPH Student Volunteers of today are the computer graphics leaders of tomorrow. Students who demonstrate leadership, service, and a passion for computer graphics are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever wrangled a batch render to the floor of your lab at 2:00 am with your bare hands? Are you best known for your hobbies, like writing programs and taking apart your Wii remote? Do you like pressing buttons on shiny things? When you see the color red, do you imagine 300+ graphics students wearing red vests and volunteering at the largest international graphics conference in the world?
Take advantage of this unique opportunity! Begin your contribution to the world of computer graphics as a SIGGRAPH 2011 Student Volunteer!
All students, regardless of discipline or area of interest, are encouraged to apply. No prior experience with the annual SIGGRAPH conference or computer graphics is required.
Now in its 38th year, the SIGGRAPH conference is the premier international event on computer graphics and interactive techniques. SIGGRAPH 2011 is expected to draw an estimated 25,000 professionals from five continents to Vancouver, British Columbia.
Benefits of being a SIGGRAPH Student Volunteer include: Free full admission to the complete SIGGRAPH 2011 program. This includes Courses, Talks, Technical Papers, Panels, the Reception, and much more. In addition, the benefits of being a Student Volunteer extend beyond the conference schedule to professional development and private Student Volunteer Special Sessions with top professionals who were once Student Volunteers themselves.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time high school, undergraduate, or graduate students during some part of the 2010-2011 academic year (fall 2010 and/or spring 2011) and must be at least 18 years of age on or before Saturday, 6 August 2011. Students who turn 18 after 6 August 2011 will not be considered for the 2011 Student Volunteers Program.
- Students must plan to arrive at the Vancouver Convention Centre no later than 4 pm on Saturday, 6 August 2011 for Student Volunteer Orientation and depart no earlier than Friday, 12 August 2011.
- Student Volunteers must present a current, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport upon check in at SIGGRAPH 2011 in order to receive their conference badges and materials.
- Applicants must be proficient in English, and all applications must be submitted in English.
- SIGGRAPH is looking for reliable, hard-working, self-starting, independent, enthusiastic students who are excited about the conference and who want to be among the next generation of leaders and professionals.
How to enter?
To apply to be a Student Volunteer, you must create an account with the SIGGRAPH Information System and begin your application there.