Shriekfest is a festival dedicated to getting horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy filmmakers and screenwriters the recognition they deserve. The call for the 2011 edition of the festival is now open.
This Los Angeles film festival has been started back in 2001 and since then submissions have gone through the roof. Shriekfest has become huge success and a very popular festival.
Now, Shriekfest is an international film festival and screenplay competition that receives submissions from all over the world.
Shriekfest accepts short and feature horror/thriller/sci-fi/fantasy films, original songs, and screenplays.
Please consider the following deadlines:
- Early deadline: 20 March 2011
- Regular deadline: 22 May 2011
- Late deadline: 10 July 2011
The best entries will be selected in the following categories:
- Best Horror Feature Film
- Best Sci Fi Feature Film
- Best Super Short Film
- Best Short Film
- Best Under 18 Film
- Audience Choice
- Best Feature Screenplay
- Best Under 18 Screenplay
- Best Short Screenplay
- Best Webisode
- Best Original Song
- Only original works are accepted.
- Please send a copy of your original work, not the original work itself
- Please have your submission postmarked by the deadline dates.
- The format that will be accepted for qualification is NTSC VHS or DVD, but festival screenings can be on most any format.
How to enter?
Place the completed form, your entry fee check, a self-addressed stamped envelope (if you would like your entry returned), and 2 (two) copies of your NTSC VHS or DVD entry or 1 (one) copy of your screenplay or original song cd in a single package for submission.
Or, you may email your entry form and screenplay at shriekfest [at] aol.com (please replace [at] with @). Screenplays must have a title page with the title and writer’s name and they must be bound and not be more than 120 pages.
Postal address:Shriekfest Film Festival
12214 Via Santa Marta
Sylmar CA 91342
- Original Songs
- Early: $5
- Regular: $10
- Late: $15
- Super shorts/Webisodes (10 min/pages & under, including credits)
- Early: $20
- Regular: $25
- Late: $35
- Regular shorts (11 min/pages-49 min/pages, including credits)
- Early: $30
- Regular: $35
- Late: $45
- Features (50 min/pages & up)
- Early: $40
- Regular: $45
- Late: $55.