SHOTS Magazine calls for photographs on the theme “Children”. Don’t miss this chance to have your work seen!
An established independent photography journal in its 23rd year of publication, SHOTS Magazine reaches an international audience of photographers, collectors, galleries, museums, educators and other fine art photography enthusiasts.
SHOTS reaches a wide audience that includes not only photographers, but also educators, gallery directors, museums and others interested in photography.
Submit photo entries on the theme “Children”.
Send up to 12 images. No entry form is required, but please enclose a letter (or word document if submitting online) that includes your name, address, email, titles/captions, website, and any other information pertinent to your submittal.
Selected photographs get published in SHOTS Magazine #109.
Since all photographers submitting work per the guidelines will receive a copy of the magazine (and will thus see whether or not their work was included), letters of notification are not sent.
- This call is open to all photographers internationally.
- All processes and techniques are welcomed.
- Color work will be reproduced in black & white.
- SHOTS does not review work on websites, and does not accept emailed files.
How to enter?
- To submit files online:SHOTS only accepts files submitted online using YouSendIt. You may send up to 100MB at a time using their free “Lite Account”. Please use shots [at] shotsmag.com (please replace [at] with @) as the recipient address, and include your name in the subject header and in all files.Prepare your files per the specifications* and create and send a single compressed file (zip, rar, or sit). If your file size exceeds 100mb, it is okay to send two compressed files. File size is likely to be large – a high-speed internet connection is recommended. If you are not a current subscriber, please make your payment directly before or after sending your files.
- To submit files on a CD:Save files to a CD that is Windows/PC compatible. Please include a separate folder of low-resolution jpegs, or a printout of the images you’re submitting. See file specifications below.*
- To submit prints:Send original prints, 8×10 or smaller, to the address below.
PO BOX 27755
Minneapolis MN 55427-0755
* File specifications (for both CD and Online Submissions):
300 PPI TIFF files, sized to approximately 8” in the longest direction. Please include your name and the title of the image in each file name (for example: First_Last_Title.tif).
- $16 for non-subscribers
- Free for current, renewing and new subscribers