Seoul Design Fair 2010 together with DesignBoom promotes an international design competition. Participation is open to applicants from every country in the world, to professionals, students, and design-enthusiasts. Free registration required.
The motto of Seoul International Design Competition 2010 envisions the realization of an egalitarian society and human values through design proposals that are easy, convenient, and pleasant to use. Especially in the environment of a contemporary city, as well as product and space, the importance of communication is rapidly increasing (most of it is based on digital technology), and design can bring convenience, safety, equality and pleasure to citizens through establishing a new order between components constituting a city.
The Seoul Design Fair is a world design festival organized to enhance and promote Seoul as the center of world design, celebrating its getting designated as the World Design Capital 2010.
The “Design for All” objective is made to increase the efforts and the pursuit of design production that can be shared by all, removing emotional and physical barriers by becoming an universal communicative social solution.
Entries may be submitted to the following categories:
- Product for All
- Communication for All
- Moving Image
- Space for All
- Environmental Design
Please read the official Call for Entries for complete details.
The total prize money of Seoul Design Competition 2010 amounts to US $26,000 certification and prize money awarded by the mayor of Seoul Metropolitan Government and special benefits for those who are awarded with golden and silver haechi prizes (within US $3,000 for individual/team including grants for overseas training for korean winners and invitation to the awards ceremony in Seoul for international winners).
- Golden Haechi prize: one winner, US $10,000
- Silver Haechi prize: three winners, US $2,000 each
- Bronze Haechi prize: five winners, US $1,000 each
- Iron Haechi prize: max. ten winners, US $500 each
- Honorable mention: within two hundred people, certification for each
- People’s choice awards: twenty winners, certification for each
The winning submissions will be exhibited during the exhibition period of Seoul Design Fair 2010 from 17 September to 7 October 2010.
The award ceremony of Seoul Design Fair 2010 will take place on 7 October 2010 at Jamsil Sports Complex in Seoul Metropolitan City, Republic of South Korea.
- Participation is open to applicants from every country in the world, to professionals, students, and design-enthusiasts.
- Whether you’re an individual or group, you can submit a maximum of two entries for each category.
- Projects participating to the competition, must be original works. projects must be free from copyrights and any kind of obligation.
- The design shall not in any way infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademark, trade names, or other proprietary rights of publicity or privacy.
- Only entries with a declaration of authorship are accepted! (when submitting your design you will be asked to tick a box of declaration)
- The award winners shall abide by the tax law of their countries.
- In case an award winner is of Korean nationality, the tax shall be exempted according to article 18 of enactment decree of the income tax act.
- Any postal charges for certifications and catalogue shall be paid by the award winners.
How to enter?
For every entry you will be requested to supply:
- Up to 3 files (images or a composition of more images) of your project.
- To upload your images please note: use only .gif, .jpeg, (72 dpi) max 150 KB each file, RGB color mode.
- Max image size width: 600 pixels.
- Max image size height: 800 pixels.
- Explanation of ideas – a brief description of your work. (English text only, explanation is expected to be very concise)
- Acceptance of the competition guidelines.