The San Francisco Film Society is now accepting submissions for the 56th San Francisco International Film Festival, recognized throughout the world as an extraordinary showcase of cinematic discovery and innovation in one of the country’s most beautiful cities.
Works in all genres, forms and lengths are considered for 2013.
SFIFF 2012 presented 289 screenings of 174 films in 41 languages from 45 countries, and brought nearly 300 filmmaker and industry guests to the Festival from more than 20 countries around the globe.
San Francisco Film Society Announces Call for Entries for 2013 San Francisco International Film Festival
Founded in 1957, SFIFF is the longest-running film festival in the Americas. Refreshingly intimate for a festival of its size and scope, the Festival combines a range of marquee premieres, international competitions, compelling documentaries, new digital media work, live music performances and star-studded gala events.
Please consider the following deadlines:
- Early deadline Tuesday, 9 October 2012
- Regular deadline Monday, 5 November 2012
- Final deadline for short films Monday, 3 December 2012
- Final deadline for features Monday, 10 December 2012
The Festival’s awards and prizes recognize the best of international and Bay Area talent by honoring superior innovation in documentary, narrative, animation, experimental and television works.
- Golden Gate Awards including a juried award for Best Documentary Feature with a $20,000 prize; Best Bay Area Documentary Feature with a $15,000 prize; and awards totaling $20,000 in other categories of shorts, youth-produced and family films.
- New Directors Prize – A juried cash award of $15,000 to the director of a first-time narrative feature at the Festival.
- FIPRESCI Prize Awarded by the International Federation of Film Critics. SFIFF is only one of three festivals in the U.S. selected to present this prestigious award.
- Audience Awards for Best Narrative and Best Documentary Features.
For more information visit the official website.
Entry fees start from $30 and vary depending on the type of the entry. Some discounts are also available.