RomeCityVision is an ideas competition, which challenges architects, engineers, designers, students and creatives individuals to develop visionary urban proposals with the intention of stimulating and supporting the contemporary city, in this case Rome. Through innovative ideas and methodologies which can improve the connection between the historical, present, and future city. CityVision aims to foster a critical evolution of architectural historiography.
The Italian city manifests a consistent absence of Contemporary Urban Planning and relatively ineffective architectural intervention. The objective of the competition is to drive your imagination, by the use of new materials, echo- technologies, parametric software and territorial organizations for a future vision of the city of Rome. Globalization, environmental concerns, the future historiography of the city, adaptability and emerging digital practices are some of the elements that should be taken into consideration.
CityVision is a forum for investigating the contemporary city through the lense of its’ future image. By means of competitions, installations, and exhibitions of visionary architectural creation, CityVision strives to be a catalyst for local governments to facilitate the development of young architects and designer entering the workforce.
This International Competition has three aims:
- To stimulate research in urban planning and civic vitalization.
- To encourage and promote progressive ideas from the emerging generation of designers.
- To stimulate the scientific development in the field of architecture by means of a critical reflection and discussion.
The entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Visionary potential – On the base of which the jury will concentrate on originality, sustainability, and the innovative character of the proposal.
- Architectural integrity – Formal composition, integration with the urban environment, design sensibility, in the context of which the jury will review the coherence of the proposal.
- Ecological sustainability.
- A special prize of €1000 in order to promote architecture and contemporary art related to the ongoing project for the new cultural district in the city of Favara (AG).
And 4 honorable mentions.
- Architects, engineers, designers, students and creatives are invited to take part in this competition.
- Temporary groups are allowed especially if they are multi skilled.
- Being multi skilled is an important characteristic because it can help to understand and to better represent a global vision of the city.
- There is an entry limit of one proposal per individual/team and there is no limit to the number of participants per group.
- Entries are encouraged to include all necessary information to clearly explain the proposal. Board resolution should not be less than 300 dpi, RGB color mode in JPEG format.
- This is a digital competition and hard copy proposals will not be accepted.
How to enter?
- €50 – before 26 April 2010 (early registration deadline)
- €70 – before 28 May 2010 (late registration deadline)