[AC-CA] is hosting its seventh international design competition called [RIO DE JANEIRO] Symbolic World Cup Structure and once again hoping to generate progressive contemporary design ideas.
Architects, Architecture Graduated, Engineers and Students are eligible to enter. Interdisciplinary teams are also welcome.
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling US$ 6,000! There will also be 7 honorable mentions.
[AC-CA]’s 7th International Design Competition – [RIO DE JANEIRO] Symbolic World Cup Structure – Opens for Entries
The aim of this International Competition is to design a free standing World Cup Structure in the heart of Rio de Janeiro during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The design should create a social space which includes a live big screenTV, an information area, a cafe, etc…
This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence at a small scale which integrates function, structure, details and the spirit of the World Cup.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an iconic structure that will be used by visitors during the World Cup.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
The complete brief is available on the official website.
- Early Bird Registration: US$ 80 from 1st March 2013 to 1st May 2013 Current
- Late Registration: US$ 120 from 2nd May 2013 to 30th June 2013