With the aim to promote high quality and beautiful photography, The Royal Horticultural Society is calling for entries for its RHS Photographic Competition for 2021.
The RHS Photographic Competition inspires young and old alike to get outdoors and record how enriching and inspiring gardens and plants can be.
Winners in all competition categories will be announced and exhibited at an RHS Show in 2021. The overall winner for 2021 will be awarded with £5,000.
RHS wants to inspire everyone to grow by encouraging people to share their two passions of gardening and photography.
The competition categories for 2021 include:
- Gardens — any garden, anywhere. Share your favourite view of your most special outdoor space, whether small-town city garden or world-class stately home, village back gardens to rooftop or communal garden.
- Welcoming wildlife — beautiful photographs of insects, birds and creatures found wild in your garden or garden surroundings. Images can be close-up details or wider views of wildlife enjoying the outdoor environment.
- Plants — celebrate the essence and sheer delight of plants, flowers and produce growing happily – but avoid macro photography.
- Creative — celebrate and excite the senses through close-up photography of plants, flowers, stems, leaves, roots or any part of a plant. These photographs should be about the detail and intimate nature of the subject in question.
- Macro — let your imagination, originality and creativity go wild. Image manipulation and graphic approaches are also welcomed.
- Indoor gardening — show us everything that sums up the fun, beauty and interest of growing plants indoors. From windowsills to conservatories, terrariums to glasshouses, house plants to indoor edibles, there’s never been a better time to photograph plants that thrive indoors.
- Under 18s (age 11-17) — any photographs depicting something plant, garden or wildlife related that interests you.
- Under 11s — any photographs depicting something plant, garden or wildlife related that interests you.
- Social Media — any image can be entered into this category that is related to anything horticultural, gardening or wildlife.
- Portfolio — this unique category is judged for RHS medals and entrants must supply six images in a series, or based on a common theme or style.
The RHS Photographic Competition is a multi-category, free to enter annual competition aimed at garden lovers, horticulturists and photographers alike, organized by The Royal Horticultural Society — UK’s leading gardening charity.
No Entry Fee!
It's free to enter.