Red Bull is looking for supremely talented animators to show what they can do.
Red Bull Canimation is a hunt for creative talent, and it’s open to anyone who’s passionate about animation, regardless of experience. The only rule is that Red Bull’s blue and silver can needs to take centre stage. After that, you’re free to be as imaginative and adventurous as you like!
Get involved and see how Red Bull can give your creativity wings. If you’re a student you could win monthly internships in famous animation studios, as for the general public, there will be animation software and hardware prizes to be won.
Create Animations with Red Bull’s Blue and Silver Centre Staged
Red Bull Canimation is accepting animations in the following animation categories from students and the general public:
- Stop-motion – Are you the next Nick Park? This is your category.
- CGI – Passion for CGI? Submit your work here.
- Drawn – Traditionalists can make their mark in this category.
Monthly Internships + Animation Software and Hardware
The Red Bull Canimation competition will award a total of 6 prizes on 15 December 2011.
- Three (3) winning entries in the Student competition (one from each category) will get internship placements in famous animation studios for either one or two months.
- Three (3) winning entries in the Open competition (one from each category) will receive animation software and hardware.
Important Competition Requirements
- The Red Bull Canimation competition is open to all UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 16 and over as of 3 October 2011, except employees of Red Bull Company Limited (“Red Bull”), its agents or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition.
- Your animation needs to be no more than two minutes in length, and submitted via Vimeo.
- In order for the organizers to be able to put your animation on the big screen should you win, it should be created in HD.
Register Your Vimeo Videos to Enter
All submissions need to come from your Vimeo account. Once you’ve uploaded your video to Vimeo you can submit through the Red Bull Canimation site.