To promote women’s contribution to art, Le Consortium together with Evelyne Encelot association organizes the Prize Women & Art 2009 – 2010.
This art prize will be cooperated by 5 specific regions, including Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany), Central Bohemia (Czech Republic), Opole (Poland), province of Pécs (Hungary) and Burgandy (France). Arts organizations in each country that are dedicated to contemporary art are invited to propose past or upcoming exhibitions of the female artists they support.
The laureate, awarded by a jury of professionals recognized in the culture field, will receive the amount of €10000 and offered a solo show in one or several participating countries.
Arts organizations should propose past or upcoming exhibitions of the female artists they support.
After the pre-selection, Le Consortium will constitute a jury of professional recognized in the culture field (critics, artists, art center directors, etc.). This committee will choose one laureate. She will be offered the amount of €10000 and an exhibition in one (or several) of the regions.
- The artist must have a link (birthplace, study place, residence, etc.) with one of the 5 regions (Rhineland-Palatinate (Germany), Central Bohemia (Czech Republic), Opole (Poland), province of Pécs (Hungary) and Burgandy (France)). In this case, the exhibition can be anywhere in the world.
- Or the exhibition is showed in one of the 5 regions and the artist has been born in one of the 5 countries.
How to enter?
For each exhibition proposed, an application form is required to be submitted before 12 June 2010:
- a short biography of the artist
- title, date and place of the exhibition (and a text if it exists)
- photos of the show and some views in details of the works
The application form should be submitted before 24 July 2010 to: leconsortium.publics [at] orange.fr (please replace [at] with @).