Poster Clash is a new breed of poster competition. Not only will a select panel of judges moderate the entries, but the final decisions are in your hands with head-to-head voting online and at the Poster Clash Main Event, 18 March 2010.
A national panel of judges will judges all the entries and narrow down the field to 64 posters to contend in the Clash. The judging will be based on the individual style and taste of the judge, as well as completion of the requirements.
Those 64 contestants will enter an online competition where the public will be able to cast their votes in a head-to-head match up system drawn at from the results of the judging process.
The concept for this year’s Poster Clash is the line: “Change one thing”
From the simplest action of changing to compact florescent bulbs, to more in-depth changes such as political parties and life habits, motivating change in visual communication is one of the most basic and fulfilling aspects of the communication profession.
Use this poster platform to engage, educate and drive change in your viewer’s world through the use of type and imagery.
- First Place
- Adobe® Creative Suite® 4 Design Premium ($1799 Value)
- Poster Clash Trophy Belt (Immense personal value)
- Final Four Posters
- 10 full size professional copies of your poster ($300 Value)
- The 64 Finalists
- Award Certificate
- Discounted Admission to the Main Event
- One Lucky Voter!
- iTunes Gift Card ($25 Value)
- All posters will be submitted digitally through the Web site, http://clash.aigablueridge.org
- You must provide URLs to a high and low-resolution version of your poster for online submission. The low-resolution version will be 72ppi at a size of 432px wide by 576px tall. The high-resolution version should 18 inches by 24 inches at a full 300dpi (5400x7200px) in PDF format. Please include bleeds on the PDF as needed. The PDF will be used for printing. Both links must remain active until the poster clash main event on March 18th.
- Posters must include the Poster Clash footer bar, included in the poster templates available here: (right-click, save link as) Illustrator, InDesign, or both in a ZIP File
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm EST 24 February 2010 . No late entries.
How to enter?
All posters should be submitted digitally through the official entry form.
Entry fees are $5.00 USD for students, and $10.00 USD for professionals. No limit on personal entries.