The Possible Futures Film Contest is a bold new film event challenging storytellers of the world to create a new vision for the future of humanity – one that will become defined by our relationships to human justice, environmental sustainability, peace and individual fulfillment.
Envision a new, positive, possible future for the world. One that is environmentally sustainable, socially just, peaceful and spiritually fulfilling.
The Possible Futures Film Contest includes awards valuing $30,000, including an excursion to the Amazon Rainforest. Films can be 1 to 5 minutes in length, and must be submitted by 21st June.
Help design a new future for humanity by illustrating your vision through film. You’re invited to create a short film imagining a positive, possible future for the world.
The Possible Futures Film Contest doesn’t break films down into conventional categories. Filmmakers are challenged to enter their films into categories according to visionary futures for humanity, not simply genres or styles.
Following are the official contest categories. For detailed descriptions, please visit the official website.
- Peace and Freedom: Resolution of conflict, without war and oppression
- Fair Societies: A world of justice and human rights, free of discrimination and fear
- Sustainability and Beyond: A thriving relationship between humans and natural ecosystems, without compromising future generations
- Human Fulfillment: The expansion of consciousness, connection, and community, and our relationship with one another
- Possible Futures Award
$10,000 plus an excursion for two to the Amazon Rainforest (as selected by the judges).
- The Pachamama Award
$5,000 plus an excursion for two to the Amazon Rainforest (as selected by the judges).
- The People’s Choice Awards
$2,500 for the film that receives the most votes overall, $1000 for films receiving the most votes in each category (as selected by website visitors).
- Entries can be one to five minutes in length and incorporate a wide range of looks, feels and styles, including drama, comedy, documentary, animation, or a mix. They can be inspiring, edgy, funny, shocking or heartfelt.
- Enter up to four films, one in each of our visionary categories.
How to enter?
Submit your entries through the official website. The website is very friendly, so make sure you look around and follow any specific guidelines and instructions.