Pixxelpoint 2010 International New Media Art Festival will begin on 3 December 2010 in Nova Gorica, Slovenia in Nova Gorica City Gallery (Mestna galerija Nova Gorica) and it will last for eight days, until 10 December 2010.
Pixxelpoint is one of the most successful and renowned festivals of new media art in Slovenia and also abroad. Its purpose is firstly, to bring the information technology and new media art closer to the general public, and secondly, to raise awareness about a different potential to use computer among the young.
The theme of this year’s Pixxelpoint is: Triple Conjunction: Magic, Myths and Mutations.
Competitors can choose to submit works in the following categories:
- New media installation (new media work that is exhibited in spatial arrangements)
- Computer based art (new media work that doesn’t require physical space, for example, programs, computer games, internet art, etc.)
- Digital print
- Other (work in traditional media – ie drawing, painting, sculpture, embroidery and so on – that may fit thematically or conceptually in the exhibition)
All submitted works must match the given theme: Triple Conjuction – Magic, Myths and Mutations.
“A triple conjunction is an astronomical event, where two planets or a planet and a star meet each other three times in a short period either in opposition or at the time of inferior conjunction, if an inferior planet is involved. The visible movement of the planet or the planets in the sky is therefore normally prograde at the first conjunction, retrograde at the second conjunction and again prograde at the third conjunction.” (Wikipedia)
How do artists reflect the year 2010? It is the beginning year of predictions of the end of the world, catastrophes and natural destructions. With anxiety, humor or indifference? Ecological, social and economical positions are influencing our daily reconsideration of ourselves, our environment and political changes. Artistic reflections in media art are often inspirations for an other view on our planet and our lives.
Already our school mathematics have taught us that the terms indivisible and parallel are clear contradictions, as by definition not congruent. After the infinitesimal calculation we wonder that a projection of a point into infinity can become a plane. And after Einstein’s theories and the fundamental changes of the structural concepts our practical trust into the categories of elementary sciences is shaken and is daily shaken further.
Selected works will be exhibited on the 11th International New Media Art Festival – Pixxelpoint.
- There are no software and hardware limitations.
- Competitors agree that their work can be used for promotional purposes for the festival Pixxelpoint and catalogue for Pixxelpoint festival.
- Authors whose works are admitted to the contest will be contacted by the curators.
How to enter?
Works can be sent on:
- E-mail: pixxelpoint2010 [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @)
Label on the media must contain the name of the author and the work. Every single work must be accompanied by entry form. Works submitted without this entry form will not be valid. In case of sending by email, attach scanned filled entry form. Media will not be returned.
Kulturni dom Nova Gorica
Bevkov trg 4
SI 5000 Nova Gorica