Your agency has been selected to propose a new Website design for Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), a national nonprofit dedicated to helping all youth reach their full potential.
Designing an engaging Website to attract and retain donors, media and parents and caregivers is vital for BGCA to generate awareness, raise funds online and fulfill its mission to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
BGCA’s current Website, www.bgca.org, has not been significantly updated from either a design or technology perspective in a long time, and does not take advantage of updated technology and strategies for engaging its audiences. As Microsoft provides a powerful set of tools and technologies, bgca.org should incorporate those into its main site to meet the needs of its users. Whether referring to mobile media, social networking or interactive features, bgca.org falls short. And an abundance of Microsoft technologies can be utilized to bring bgca.org into a new decade of Web 2.0 significance.
For more than 100 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of America has helped kids “BE GREAT,” providing hope and opportunity for those who need it most. Today, more than 4,300 Clubs serve some 4.5 million young people through Club membership and community outreach. Boys & Girls Clubs can be found throughout the country and on U.S. military bases worldwide, providing young people 6 to 18 years old with guidance-oriented character development programs conducted by trained, professional staff. Clubs positively impact lives and help young people reach their full potential as productive, caring citizens. Key programs emphasize leadership development; education and career exploration; community service; technology training; financial literacy; health and life skills; the arts; sports, fitness and recreation; and family outreach. In a recent Harris Survey of Club alumni, 57 percent said the Club saved their lives. National headquarters are located in Atlanta.
It is your team’s assignment to submit a proposal for the website redesign built using Microsoft tools and technologies which will be optimized via design, navigation, and interactivity to help increase online donations and subscriptions from the public, assist parents and engage media, all while promoting the good work of Boys & Girls Clubs and the notion that Great Futures Start Here.
The winning organization of the Championship Round will receive:
- $50,000 cash (paid by check)
- Note: Award will be paid after Participant delivers the Deliverables outlined in Section 11 (2.) of the OFFICAL RULES.
- A trip for two to the 14th Annual Webby Awards Gala to be held 14 June 2010 in New York City, NY. Trip includes RT air, hotel, and Gala tickets.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $54,000
The finalists will present their pitch live in Las Vegas March 15-17, 2010 during MIX10, where the winning agency will be announced.
The object of this Design Challenge is for teams of professionals to create the best web design solution for Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (“BGCA”) website (“bgca.org”). This Design Challenge consists of two rounds, a “Finalist Round” and a “Championship Round”.
You are eligible to participate in the Design Challenge if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Colombia; and
- You are at least 18 years of age or older; and
- You are an employee of an organization for which your participation and representing your organization is approved by your employer/principal; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Design Challenge; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Design Challenge; and
- Your team is an eligible company consenting to participate in the Design Challenge and includes at least two eligible individuals collaborating on the team; and
- Your company is legally domiciled in the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia); and
- Your company provides professional business services including web design.
This Design Challenge is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law or by employer policy.