PAVE the Way, a 3D Design Challenge is an exciting opportunity available for students to showcase their work at a major industry event, GlobalShop 2011. College students who are enrolled in accredited store design, interior design, visual merchandising, and industrial design programs are invited to design a 3D floor fixture for this competition, which is sponsored and presented by B&N Industries.
Finalists will then work with B&N Industries to produce a prototype of their design for display at GlobalShop 2011. GlobalShop 2011 will be held in Las Vegas, 28-30 March 2011, at the Sands Expo & Convention Center.
Design, develop, and construct a branded store fixture (no larger than 36-inch square footprint and 60 inches high) to display PET-SPECIFIC ACCESSORIES AND/OR PET CARE PRODUCT. The fixture should communicate the attributes of the merchandise that it houses and highlights.
- You may choose any species: dogs, cats, fish, birds, horses, reptiles, or any pet.
- Your design solution should be concise and constructed with care and professionalism.
- You may choose an existing brand to display, multiple brands, or create your own brand.
- You’re encouraged to let your imagination run free!
A panel of industry professionals (retailers, designers, and manufacturers) will select the winning designs in November 2010. Students with the top designs will be contacted in December 2010. The finalists will then work with B&N Industries to create a prototype of their design for display at GlobalShop 2011. The winner will be announced at GlobalShop 2011 in March 2011.
- First Place: $5,000
- Second Place: $2,500
- Third Place: $1,500
- Honorable Mentions: $500
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college-level accredited store design, interior design, visual merchandising, and/or industrial design program.
- Projects can be the work of an individual student or a team consisting of no more than two students.
- All entries must include an entry form and a disclaimer.
- Entries will not be returned. Students are advised to keep a copy of their entries.
- The entry pdf should be named as follows: First Name, Last Name, Project Name.
How to enter?
Complete the electronic form and make a pdf of the form to include with your entry.
Download a copy of the disclaimer and include a copy with your entry.
While your entry is not limited to a specific number of pages, the entry information must be submitted in the following order:
- cover/title/project name page
- written concept statement
- conceptual sketches
- four to six 3D images of the fixture
- working drawings
- material samples with description
- copy of the electronic entry form
- copy of signed disclaimer
The entries can be emailed to pavetheway [at] bnind.com (please replace [at] with @) or submitted via a pdf file on a CD to:B&N Industries,
Attn: PAVE the Way,
1409 Chapin Ave.,