[AC-CA] has recently opened its 10th International ideas competition called [PARIS] River Champagne Bar Competition and is currently accepting entries from Architects, Architecture Graduated, Engineers and Students.
The aim of this International Competition is to design a Champagne Bar along the Paris river “Seine” and by the romantic “Pont des Arts”.
This is a single stage Competition with a prize fund of US $6,000, distributed in three separate awards. Seven (7) honorable mentions will also be announced.
With the [PARIS] River Champagne Bar competition [AC-CA] hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence at a medium scale which integrates function, structure and details.
- Research and investigate the various combination possibilities to create a social space within the city.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the relation between architecture and water.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Further details related to the brief can be found on the official website.
[PARIS] River Champagne Bar Competition Registration Fees
- Early Bird Registration: US $80 from 3rd March to 31st March 2014
- General Registration: US $100 from 1st April to 30th May 2014
- Late Registration: US $120 from 31st May to 3rd July 2014