Leading charity Papworth Trust is passionate about supporting disabled people to have more equality, greater choice and increased independence.
Papworth Trust has launched its first photography competition, Independence, with prizes including a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD 115E camera worth over £300.
The independence theme has been chosen to make the competition as accessible as possible. Interpretations could include running your own life without interference or not relying on someone or something.
The photography competition theme is independence. Independence means different things to everyone, but interpretations could include:
- not relying on someone or something
- running your own life without interference
Entries can be digital images or prints, and the competition will be judged in three categories:
- 16 years and under
- Over 16 years
- Professional photographers and previous photography competition winners
Entering Prints: Printed photos can be in colour or black and white. They must be no smaller than 5” x 5” and no larger than 10” x 10”.
Entering Digital Photos: Digital photos can be in colour or black and white. Images must be jpegs, ideally a minimum of 300 dpi. Maximum file size is 3MB. Winning entries will be invited to submit original higher resolution files for printing purposes if available.
When choosing the winners the judges will consider a range of factors including composition, originality, and interpretation of the theme.
Top prize is a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD 115E camera worth over £300. The photograph which wins the special award will be used on the cover of Papworth Trust’s 2011 Annual Review.
Papworth Trust will display the winning entries in an online gallery, at an exhibition at Williams Art in Cambridge, and at Papworth Trust Centres in Basildon, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Huntingdon, Ipswich and Sawston.
Other prizes kindly donated by local businesses include:
- A voucher for a sitting from Aloha photography
- A bundle of the borders and frames from Aloha photography
- A silk bow tie, handmade in Cambridge and donated by Anthony Menswear
- Entry is limited to three photographs per person.
- Entrants aged 16 years and under must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to submitting any images.
- Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. Images that appear to have been excessively manipulated will be disqualified.
- Entrants confirm that the entries have not have been published elsewhere and have not won a prize in any other competition.
- Papworth Trust staff involved in the organisation of this competition and anyone closely connected with third party promotional partners or the judging panel will not be allowed to enter.
How to enter?
Print entries together with a completed entry form should be sent the address below. Entries will not be returned so please keep a copy or negative.Papworth Trust Photography Competition,
Bernard Sunley Centre,
Cambridge CB23 3RG.
Digital photos can be submitted by email, with a completed entry form attached to each entry email, to photocomp [at] papworth.org.uk (please replace [at] with @). Please note that the total maximum email size is 7MB. Please send no more than two 3MB photos in one email.