Did you ever come across somebody doing a job that you have not seen before or do not see every day? Do you already have an idea for a unique work scene or a remarkable profession?
Then get out your digital camera and join the Lumix Award competition. Every month, for the six months of the competition, you can enter your photo to the Lumix Award.
The 2011 Panasonic Lumix Award Competition is open for entries. All you have to do is register and upload your digital photo (no scanned photos).
Work is what we do to live. Work keeps the planet going. We sometimes forget how many different jobs people do – and that some jobs are almost extinct. Panasonic wants to see what extraordinary jobs and professions can be found and captured on camera. Night or day, it doesn’t matter where you are in the world or what time it is: there’s always somebody on the job. From the assembly line worker, the baker in the morning to the pearl diver – this is your chance to show the extraordinary work people do to earn their livelihood.
- The size of your images must be a minimum of 800×600 pixels and a maximum of 1600×1200 pixels.
- The maximum file size for a single image is 10MB.
As usual, this year’s Lumix Award competition features high-quality prizes from the Panasonic Lumix range of digital cameras.
The Lumix Award prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Grand Prize: Lumix DMC-GH2 and an exclusive look behind the scenes of a professional photo shooting with Michael Lum.
- Runner-up Prizes: Lumix DMC-LX5
- Monthly Prizes: Lumix DMC-ZX3
- Entrants to the competition must be at least 18 years old. Underage individuals and other individuals limited in their legal capacity require their legal representative’s approval.
- The competition is not open to Panasonic employees, nor their family members.
- This competition is only open to the countries listed in the language selection menu on the official website.
- All material must be digital (no scanned hard copies will be accepted) and the maximum file size for a single digital still image is 10MB; material that exceeds this amount will automatically be rejected from the competition.
- Remember, you can enter one image per month for the competition.
- If your first submission of the month is rejected, you are free to enter another image for that month.
- Users can cast their vote for their favourite image from each month. The Lumix Award jury then creates a shortlist from the 100 most popular pictures and chooses a monthly winner. All shortlist nominations are eligible for the overall grand prize.
How to enter?
To enter the competition, submit your digital images on the competition’s official website.