Music is the poetry of sound. It’s not only the sound of an instrument, it’s the sound of every day life: the humming of the refrigerator, the whistling of the kettle or the sound of the wind whipping through laundry outside on a clothes line. For some people even a screaming engine of a Formula One car can have a music-like sound. What makes music in your life? We are already very curious for you to share you impression.
The LUMIX Award is presented each year to celebrate excellence in digital photography. It was established in 2002 to showcase the unique creativity associated with digital photography – no longer bound by the constraints of 35mm film cameras. Each year’s competition centers on a different creative theme.
Submit your entries to the contest. The theme for the entries is “Visualise Music”. Your digital photo should explore the theme of music.
- Grand prize winner: one Lumix DMC-GF1 digital camera* and the live experience of “visualising music” at a blissful party atmosphere created at the wildly popular theatrical shows and concerts of the Blue Man Group. The Blue Man Group shows are known to combine music, comedy and multimedia theatrics to produce a unique form of entertainment.
- First runner-up: one Lumix DMC-FZ38 digital camera*
- Second runner-up: one Lumix DMC-FZ38 digital camera*
*Colours will vary to stock availability.
- The competition is open to individuals from the age of 18 years. Underage individuals and other individuals limited in their legal capacity require their legal representative’s approval. The competition is not open to Panasonic employees nor their family members.
- This competition is only open to the countries listed below:
- Belgium – French
- Belgium – Dutch
- Czech Republic
- Switzerland – French
- Switzerland – German
- UK & Ireland
- All material must be digital (not scanned hard copies) and the maximum file size for a single digital still image is 2MB; material that exceed this amount will automatically not be submitted for the competition.
- The prize winner will be responsible for any taxes and/or additional costs that may be associated with the winning of the prize.
- The size of your images must be a minimum of 800×600 pixels up to a maximum of 1600×1200 pixels (JPEG).
- The maximum file size for a single image is 2MB. Please note, that you can enter only one image per month.
- The LUMIX Award starts in November 2009 and ends in April 2010.
How to enter?
To enter the competition, entrants must submit their digital images (“material”) on the Lumix Award website at according to these terms and conditions. Correct entries will be reviewed, uploaded to the website and then subject to a selection for Shortlist Entries for each month, according to these same terms and conditions.