Originating in 1975, The Paducah Photo Juried Photography Exhibition has grown from a fledgling contest to the region’s most prestigious annual photographic event. It is open to all without restrictions on size or content. It provides photographers with an outlet for their art, encouragement for growth in their vision and presentation and cash rewards for works of exceptional merit.
Each year from the hundreds of works submitted, 60 to 80 images are selected for exhibition by a highly qualified juror, with 8 to 10 of them receiving cash awards.
Now’s the time to submit your best recent photos and join in. Who knows… you might just be this year’s $1,000 first place award winner!
Any combination of black and white, color or digital prints (limit of five) may be submitted. Only photographic processes will be accepted.
Please consider the following deadlines for entries:
- Early deadline: 24 April 2011
- Late deadline: 1 May 2011
Up to $2,000 in cash will be given by the juror. Awards will be made in the following amounts:
- First Place: $1,000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $300
- 2 Honorable Mentions ($100 each)
There is an opening reception for the annual show with free food and beverage, a juror’s critique and awards presentation.
- The 36th Annual Paducah Photo Juried Photography Exhibition is open to all photographers. Employees, staff, and board and committee members of the Yeiser Art Center, and employees of Paducah Printing and Horizon Media Group are ineligible.
- All work submitted must be original, completed in the last three years and not previously exhibited in a Paducah Photo exhibition.
- There are no size restrictions.
How to enter?
Entries are submitted electronically through the official website.
To get started, you need to create your free account by registering on the official website. Once you’re registered you can log in and submit your entries.
- $8 per early submission
- $10 per late submission