Originating in 1975, The Paducah Summer Festival Photo Competition has grown from a fledgling contest to the region’s most prestigious annual photographic event. It is open to all without restrictions on size or content. It provides photographers with an outlet for their art, encouragement for growth in their vision and presentation and cash rewards for works of exceptional merit.
Each year from the hundreds of works submitted, 60 to 80 images are selected for exhibition by a highly qualified juror, with 8 to 10 of them receiving cash awards.
Paducah Photo 2010 is open to all photographers.
Submit your black and white, color or digital prints to Paducah Photo 2010.
$1,700 in cash will be given by the juror. Awards will be made in the following amounts:
- First Place: $750
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- 2 Honorable Mentions ($100 each)
- Open to all photographers.
- Employees, staff, and board and committee members of the Yeiser Art Center, and employees of Paducah Printing and Horizon Media Group are ineligible.
- Any combination of black and white, color or digital prints may be submitted.
- No more than five photographs may be submitted by any photographer.
- Only photographic processes will be accepted.
- All work submitted must be original, completed in the last three years and not previously exhibited in a Paducah Summer Festival Photo exhibition.
- There are no size restrictions.
- Entries submitted via email to the Yeiser Art Center will not be accepted.
- Participating photographers retain ownership of all photographic copyrights but in consideration for inclusion in the exhibition grant Paducah Photo the right, without compensation, to reproduce said photographs for the sole purpose of press releases, web site inclusion, marketing and the promotion of present and future Paducah Photo competitions.
How to enter?
Entries are submitted electronically through the official website.
To get started, create a free account. Once your account is created and you log in, you can submit your photos.
Credit card payment only.
A nonrefundable entry fee ($8 for early bird, $10 for late) is required for each photograph submitted for consideration.