PACT Zollverein has been supporting residencies for the development of artistic projects and productions since 2002. The Residency Programme is open to professional artists from Germany and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music. The recipients are offered a work space and local accommodation, and according to individual need, they can take advantage of various kinds of production support, such as dramaturgy, technical assistance, project management as well as press and publicity.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury.
Applications for the residency period January-June 2012 are now being accepted.
The Residency Programme is open to professional artists from Germany and abroad who work in the areas of dance, performance, media arts or music.
Six (6) months
A residency can incorporate the following:
- Studio space (from 63 to 173 sq.m.)
- Local accommodation (maximum 6 people)
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (maximum group of 6 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (subject to prior agreement)
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Stage rehearsals with professional technical supervision and support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Daily professional open class
- Professional advice in: project funding, project management, press and public relations
A residency project will not necessarily have a public showing.
Applications must include:
- the completed application form
- a short letter of motivation
- a project description
- a 10 line summary of your project description
- curriculum vitae for everyone involved in the project
- 1 DVD/CD-ROM of your own work
The closing date for applications is 20 June 2011 (post-marked).
Please send the application by post to:PACT Zollverein
Please note that it is unfortunately not possible to return your application material to you.