Osaka Asian Film Festival, held 5-13 March 2011, is launching an international competition section for the first time, and is accepting entries from now until 13 November 2010. Osaka Asian Film Festival is one of the newest international film festivals in Japan.
In addition to films (fiction, documentary, animation) made in Asia, films related to Asian people or Asian countries are also eligible for entry, even if the films are made outside Asia by non-Asian filmmakers.
Short films (less than 60 minutes) are not eligible for the section.
Submit film entries to the international competition. All films selected and invited for the competition must meet the following conditions:
- Must be produced in Asian countries and regions or be Asia-related.
- Must be in 35mm, 16mm or video.
- Must not have been released publicly in Japan, including theater screenings and/or TV broadcasts, prior to 20 March 2011.
- Must be completed after 1 January 2009.
- Must be longer than 60 minutes.
There are two official awards, the Grand Prize and the Most Promising Talent Award, with cash prizes of JPY 500,000 and JPY 200,000 respectively, as well as other awards.
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the best film in the competition Section, and the Most Promising Talent Award will be given to an artist involved in one of the films screened in the section. Any directors, producers, actors/actresses, directors of photography, production designers, sound designers or other artists who show remarkable talent in a participating film are qualified for the award.
- Films related to Asian people or Asian countries are also eligible for entry, even if the films are made outside Asia by non-Asian filmmakers.
- Short films (less than 60 minutes) are not eligible for the section.
- All expenses for the shipping of materials to OAFF are the responsibility of the applicants.
- Applicants are responsible for all necessary copyright clearances for their film.
- Video cassettes/DVDs submitted to OAFF will not be returned to the applicants.
How to enter?
Applicants are required to submit the following materials to OAFF:
- A half-inch VHS video cassette (NTSC or PAL) or DVD screener (region free only).
- Entry form
- Press kit and synopsis of the film written in Japanese or English.
- Photos of the film (three to five different shots)
All materials should be sent to:Osaka Asian Film Festival Office