The Linden Postcard Show is an open entry award exhibition featuring small format contemporary work. The show was first held in 1991 and it has since become a prominent event in the Australian cultural calendar attracting thousands of visitors each year.
The Linden Postcard Show derives its name from the tradition of selecting six works to be reproduced and sold as Linden Postcards.
The Postcard Show gives artists the chance to show and sell their work in a popular exhibition in a major contemporary art space – that visitors love!
Small 2D / 3D Artworks Wanted!
Linden Centre for Contemporary Arts is looking for 2D or 3D artworks that are not larger than 30cm x 30cm x 30cm.
Exhibition + Lots of Awards
All entries will be exhibited on the Linden Postcard Show 2012 starting 4 February 2012, through 17 March 2012. The following prizes will also be awarded:
- Linden Award – $5,000
- Palais Theatre Management Artist Support Award: $2,000
- St Kilda Art Supplies Award: $1,000 worth of art materials
- Members for Albert Park Award: $600 (this work will be reproduced as a greeting card to be used exclusively by Martin Foley MP)
- Six Postcard winners each receive $250 and have their work reproduced as Linden Postcards
Important Show Requirements
- The Postcard Show is open to all.
- All works entered must not be larger than 30cm x 30cm x 30cm.
- Each artist may submit up to three pieces in any medium.
- All works must be for sale. A commission of 25% (+ 10% GST on commission) will be taken on all works sold.
- Artists must take responsibility for the transport of their work.
How to Send Your Postcards?
Send completed Entry Form along with correct payment or payment advice to:Linden Centre for Contemporary Arts
26 Acland Street,
St Kilda Vic 3182
or fax to 03 9525 4607
or to enter and pay online visit our website www.lindenarts.org.
- One entry: $42
- Two entries: $50
- Three entries: $58
- One entry: $47
- Two entries: $55
- Three entries: $63