Students zine a new Irish Contemporary Art Zine has collaborated with a recent pedestrianisation initiative in Gorey, Co. Wexford called “Pedestrianise Gorey Main Street”. Pedestrianise Gorey Main Street’s core aim is to show that there is support within the local for more pedestrian friendly streets.
With this open call Students zine wants to encourage, support and promote the ideas, capabilities and problem solving abilities of artists, architects and urban designers in developing innovative research projects and sustainable solutions for the town of Gorey.
Life Between Buildings is an open call for innovative ideas and research.
Students zine believes that towns across Ireland should open up, invite and include people in their development, having different activities and possibilities and thereby ensuring multiplicity and diversity.
Life Between Buildings is open for creative ideas that encourage pedestrian / bicycling friendly streets that could be applied within the town of Gorey, whether interesting new street design or layout to possible events that could take place there. Let your imagination and creative abilities go wild.
If you are not familiar with the town-space of Gorey you can place yourself directly within the town by checking out Google Maps and searching for “main street, Gorey, Ireland.”
Your submission should consist of:
- Images: Up to five images. Should be 300 DPI and at least 1200 pixels on widest side. Save them as RGB, JPEG files on setting 12 (do not optimize).
- Statement: All images and projects should be accompanied by a Statement relevant to the specific submission. Should be no more than 200 words long and contained in email body.
- Bio: Should be no more than 100 words long and contained in email body.
- Contact: email and website address, city and country, should be included in email body.
- Writing: We are also interested in any writing on art practices or subjects, reviews of an exhibition, book or website, interviews or personal texts. Submissions should not exceed 1000 words, and should be emailed along with a Bio and Contact details.
All ideas submitted will be uploaded to the online gallery on the official website.
- Any individual, collective, school, college or university is eligible to apply.
- Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Please label your images with the correct titles (images with no titles will be labeled ‘untitled’).
How to enter?
Send all submissions and contributions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.