ONWARD Compé is Project Basho’s annual international photography competition for emerging photographers. The competition’s main goal is to increase the exposure of talented image-makers and create new outlets for their work.
Juried each year by a leading figure in contemporary photography, ONWARD Compé spotlights new envelope-pushing work that continues to further the medium.
Now in it’s fifth year, ONWARD Compé has been steadily growing, drawing submissions from around the U.S. and across the globe.
ONWARD Compé – A Journey for Emerging Photographers
ONWARD Compé has an open theme and any photographic medium including but not limited to historical processes, traditional silver printing, chromogenic printing, and digital processes can be submitted for consideration.
Selected Works Exhibited, the Best Works Awarded!
Photographs selected by Todd Hido will be exhibited by Project Basho’s gallery in Philadelphia in from 9 February – 25 March, 2012.
Two Juror’s Awards will be awarded, consisting of the following:
- A two-person show at Project Basho Gallery
- $500 cash prize
- Choice of Ricoh GR Digital III or GXR+S10 Kit
- Invitation to present your work at the ONWARD Summit ’12 on 11 February 2012 in Philadelphia
- Spyder 3 Elite & Spyder Cube
- Camera/laptop bag from Crumpler
- Portfolio printed by Sous Les Etoiles in New York City
A few additional prizes will also be awarded.
ONWARD Compé is an International Photography Competition
- ONWARD Compé is open to individuals who do not currently have a contractual agreement with any gallery commercial gallery representation.
- Previous ONWARD Compé selected photographers are permitted to enter the competition.
- A maximum of 7 images will be accepted per artist.
- Images must be sized and saved at 150 ppi by 1200 pixels at the longest dimension in JPEG format.
- Images must be submitted digitally. Entries submitted by mail will not be considered.
Submit Your Best Photographs Online
To enter, visit the official website and follow the onsite guidelines to complete the registration procedure.
The entry fee is $40 for up to three images, $50 for four, $60 for five, and $100 for 7.