Noorderlicht takes the contemporary countryside as its theme for the Photofestival in 2010. The festival is held from 5 September through 31 October (opening Sept 4th) with the Fries Museum as it’s central location. In a continuation of the Frisian Noorderlicht tradition, the exhibition will have an emphasis on topical developments in the non-Western world, as visualised by non-Western and Western photographers. Submissions are welcome starting 15 February through 11 April 2010.
Noorderlicht calls on photographers and institutions to submit proposals for the exhibition.
For the annual festival Noorderlicht always works with a theme. Your work should connect to this year’s theme or give a clear vision on it.
Noorderlicht takes in 2010 the contemporary countryside as its theme. How is rural life changing in the current urbanised and global economy? Is it possible, against all economic logic, to find new values for rural life?
Submit photographs that are related to the theme.
Selected works will be shown on the Noorderlicht Photofestival 2010 exhibition.
- Noorderlicht welcomes work and proposals by professional photographers, photography curators and institutions from all over the world.
- Noorderlicht highly appreciates receiving photo series.
- Submitted material are only accepted through DVD, CD-ROM, email (15 Mb max), prints, or publications. When sending prints or publications, please include scans whenever possible.
- Digital files should be provided at high quality and at a resolution of at least 1000×1500 pixels. Images through email preferably in JPEG format.
- Always save files in RGB or grayscale mode, not as CMYK. If color management is used, please include the color profiles in the image files.
- Your work should be sent as separate image files, no PDF or Word files. Powerpoint, Director, MPEG files (and such) or video DVD’s, may only be used when concerning a multimedia presentation that cannot be presented otherwise. Even then send some separate images (stills) in addition.
- When sending prints: please make sure that the printing quality is good and that the size is at least 20×25 cm (8×10 inch).
- Submissions will not be returned. We make an exception for single copies such as dummies or special prints. If you want those returned to you, clearly indicate so and give us your return address.
How to enter?
The entry work should be accompanied by:
- C.V. with contact details (in English)
- a short and clear description of the series/project (word/pdf) (in English)
Submissions can be sent to the curator Wim Melis via email, post or ftp:
attn. Wim Melis
9711 JB Groningen
(please use a ftp client)
You are also free to send in your work by a file-sharing service like yousendit.com