The d3 Natural Systems Competition for 2010 invites architects, designers, engineers, and students to collectively explore the potential of analyzing, documenting, and deploying nature-based influences in architecture, interiors, and designed objects.
The competition calls for innovative proposals that advance sustainable thought and performance through the study of intrinsic environmental geometries, behaviors, and flows.
By identifying, examining, and applying their structural order on form and function – bottom-up, performance-based solutions for limitless building typologies, functional programs, and material conditions may be realized.
d3 is an organization committed to advancing innovative positions in architecture, art, and design by providing a collaborative environment for architects, artists, designers, and students from around the world.
The d3 Natural Systems Competition allows designers freedom to approach their creative process in a scale-appropriate manner – from large-scale master planning endeavors, to individual building concepts, to notions of interior detail. Accordingly, there are no restrictions on site, scale, program, or building typology.
Submit your entries in following categories:
- Sustainable Worldwide: Open category that calls for sustainable design proposals envisioned for worldwide site locations. All projects will be entered into this category.
- Sustainable Brooklyn: Special category that calls for sustainable design proposals envisioned for Brooklyn. All projects based in Brooklyn will be entered into this category as well.
- Special mentions categories: All projects will be eligible for typology-specific special mentions.
- Sustainable Worldwide Category
- First Place $1000 cash prize
- Second Place $500 cash prize
- Third Place $250 cash prize
- Special Mentions Categories
- Sustainable Building: Infrastructural
- Sustainable Building: Institutional
- Sustainable Building: Commercial
- Sustainable Building: Arts/Cultural
- Sustainable Building: Housing
- Sustainable Interior Design
- Sustainable Designed Object
- Sustainable New York Prize
- All architects, landscape architects, interior designers, engineers, and students are invited to participate.
- d3 encourages submissions by interdisciplinary design teams.
- No limit on the number of participants per team.
- No hard-copy submissions are required.
How to enter?
First you need to register to the competition. Registration deadline is 5 July 2010.
Upon receiving your registration fee and contact details, d3 will e-mail a four-digit entrant number to the e-mail contact address provided. The unique four-digit entrant number will be used to identify your presentation boards at time of submission.
Then submit your entries to email@example.com.
Include your ‘entrant number’ in the message title: (example) Submission #9999
The submission must contain the following electronic files:
- Two Presentation Boards (as PDF)
- Contact Information (as PDF)
- Statement of Design Intent (as PDF)
Please visit the official website for further details on completing your submission.
- $50 US – Professional entry
- $25 US – Student entry
Registration fees may be paid using the secure link below via PayPal.