Promoted by Ariella Vidach – AiEP, in partnership with Lifework Association and supported by Fondazione Cariplo, NAO – Nuovi Autori Oggi (i.e. New Authors Today) proposes a two years program (2010-2011) of interdisciplinary workshops and residencies focused on relations between live arts and other artistic languages, aimed at producing multimedia projects to be presented in Italy and abroad.
Call for proposal targets performers, dancers, actors, musicians, visual artists, designers, computer operators, directors, video-makers, not older than 35 and well trained in their specific field of interest, willing to attend a multidisciplinary productive project. Selected artists will take part, for free, to laboratories and workshops held by international artists invited to take part to NAO, with the aim to develop and produce an installation or a performance that uses multimedia technologies and/or interactivity.
These projects will be proposed to main festivals and network dealing with young artists to promote their touring in Italy and abroad. DiDstudio/Fabbrica del Vapore (Milan) and the other Associations involved will host intermediate presentations in 2010 and 2011.
This proposal aims at promoting the establishment of groups of artists who, through exchange of knowledge and experimentation with art and new media, are able to produce innovative artistic projects mixing different languages (visual art, design, fashion, computer science, video, etc.) with performing arts. Participants will be supported by well-qualified teachers (choreographers, artists, composers, researchers) who will supply the specific know-how and skills necessary to the production of a multimedia project.
Prepare a complete application for interdisciplinary workshops and residencies focused on relations between live arts and other artistic languages.
NAO will offer: 3 productive residencies in the two years, dance studio for practice and rehearse, technical equipment (light, audio, video, setting), artistic and technical support, development of promotional material and documentation to present the project.
- Participation is open to artists (or groups of artists) of any nationalities, born after 1 January 1975,
with past experience in the performing art (at least 3 public presentations of their works) and with past experience or interest in multidisciplinary projects.
- A commission of Journalists, art directors, and cultural operators will select the participants according to CV and visual documentation proposed.
How to enter?
- Applications must be presented by sending by mail to: Ass. Ariella Vidach – AiEP c/o Fabbrica del Vapore, via 4 Procaccini 20154 Milan. ITALY the following documentation:
- letter of presentation with the reason why the applier desires to participate to the project
- application form duly filled
- artistic curriculum (with information about education and past experiences)
- DVD / visual documentation about previous works as required in the application form
- A copy of application form, letter and curriculum must be sent also via email to email@example.com
- The documentation will not be given back and will be included in the archive of NAO project