In the framework of its 20th anniversary celebrations, the European Women’s Lobby is pleased to announce the launch of a photo competition looking to expose the visions of young women of the world they live in.
The subject for the EWL Photography Competition and Exhibition 2010 is “My world: Visions of 21st Century Feminism”.
The finalists will each receive by post an invitation to the opening of the exhibition on 15 October 2010 in Brussels.
The competition seeks images that make a creative and powerful statement on the theme of “21st Century Feminism”. The subject for the EWL Photography Competition and Exhibition 2010 is “My world: Visions of 21st Century Feminism”. The theme is open to individual interpretation but clear description of the photograph must be included with each entry.
All valid applications will be judged by a panel of judges on the basis of the following criteria:
- technical ability,
- interpretation of the brief,
- gender sensitivity,
- ability to raise awareness on women’s rights in Europe.
The 20 finalist entries will be published in a full-colour brochure which will be widely disseminated among European, national and international policy-makers and EWL partners. This publication will also be available in digital format and published on EWL and partner websites.
The finalists will each receive by post an invitation to the opening of the exhibition on 15 October 2010 in Brussels, and 3 copies of the brochure.
Further prizes are expected, but dependent on sponsorship from sources external to the EWL.
- To submit an entry into this Competition, you must be:
- Images may be digitally enhanced and manipulated. They may contain text.
- Maximum 3 entries are permitted per person.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations.
How to enter?
To enter the Competition, you must email:
- your name
- country of residence
- chosen image (in attachment) and
- brief description of the image (maximum 1000 characters) in any of the official EU languages (see list here).
In the subject box, please paste: “ENTRY TO EWL PHOTO COMPETITION”