Each year, parallel to the Paris Game Festival, the Milthon awards celebrate the best video games and their creators. Dedicated to the recognition of video games, the Milthon awards are true to a long tradition of artistic awards.
The organization committee gathers on a yearly basis a jury of nine VIPs and professionals from the industry that is renewed each year. Presided over by a recognized creator, the Milthon jury is tasked with selecting the game developers whose work and creativity stood out.
The recipients are awarded the Milthon trophy, named after the sculptor who crafted this splendid bronze statuette.
Submit video game nominations to the Milthon 2010 Awards.
8 Milthons will be given:
- Best Direction
- Best Visual Design
- Best Sound Design
- Best Console Game
- Best Mobile Game
- Best PC/MAC Game
- Best Independent Game
- The Game of The Year
The award winners may receive various gifts offered by the partners of the Milthon and of the Paris Game Festival.
The winner of the Best independent game award will receive 5000 euro (all taxes included).
The Milthon awards ceremony will take place on 10 September 2010 at the Parc des Expositions, Porte de Versailles, Paris.
- The companies, associations or individuals that reside (or whose Head office resides) in the European Union are eligible to enter.
- In order to participate, the production must be registered between 30 June 2010 and 30 July 2010 (midnight).
- If the product has been developed on various platforms, the entrant must choose what version will be registered.
- The production must be officially published in the European Union during the year 2010.
- The registered games must possess at least one complete, final and playable level.
- The registered games must work on a standard platform.
- Any specific hardware or software must be transferred to Games-Fed (if not, the entrant can be expelled from the contest).
- A game can be nominated in one or several categories, thus it can be awarded one or several awards, including Game of the year.
How to enter?
The registration file must be send before 30 July 2010 (midnight) by mail or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The participation form must absolutely be signed and send by mail at the following address:Games Fed – Milthon 2010
86, rue de Lille
In order to enter the Milthon 2010, the files must contain all of the following elements:
- The participation form (one is delivered by project), sent back by mail.
- A walkthrough of the game in PDF format.
- If the Milthon jury or the organization committee requires it, the Entrant must be able to offer one or several copies or individual accesses to his work.
- A set of game saves or cheat codes covering the entire story (according to the stage of development) and allowing playing several times various specific moments of the product.
If the game is officially nominated, the following elements must be provided before 15 August 2010 (midnight):
- The game in English language
- 5 right-free visual arts (JPEG format, 300 dpi).
- A less-than-five-minute video of the game, preferably made with actual footage of the game.
The projects must be submitted in a format (CD, DVD, cartridge, Blu-ray…) that can be read on any standard version of the chosen platform (console, PC/MAC, mobiles). If any access is required for an online game, it must be provided from the time of the registration to the Milthon awards ceremony.