Mikser is calling young industrial designers to take part in the Young Balkan Designers competition. The competition is open to all persons 35 years of age and younger.
Furniture, lighting and home accessories that represent original solutions to everyday problems will be evaluated.
Mikser will promote the award winner(s) for one year with intense promotional activities and an international exhibition tour.
The project competition focuses on industrial design.
Furniture, lighting and home accessories that represent original solutions to everyday problems will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- ergonomics and innovative features that serve to enhance the quality of a product;
- rational production costs;
- environmental friendly production processes.
The entry may not have been previously produced or exhibited elsewhere.
Mikser will promote the award winner(s) for one year with intense promotional activities and an international exhibition tour, the world premiere of which will take place at the acclaimed Milan Furniture Fair 2011, within the scope of Salone Satellite – the largest international talent show for young designers.
After its premiere in Milan, the Young Balkan Designers tour continues:
- Mikser festival in Belgrade (Serbia),
- Dan D in Zagreb (Croatia),
- Skopje Design Week (Macedonia),
- Weekend Media Festival in Rovinj (Croatia),
- Vienna Design Week (Austria),
- Month of Design in Ljubljana (Slovenia), etc.
- The Young Balkan Designers competition is open to all persons 35 years of age and younger.
- Applicants can be individual authors or groups of authors.
- Each applicant can submit more than one project.
- Each award recipient must build a prototype of their work and submit it to Mikser by 20 March 2011.
- Mikser will promote, publicize and exhibit the winning entries from March 2011 to March 2012.
How to enter?
Applicants will be able to register and submit their projects by filling in a Young Balkan Designers form online, starting from 15 November until 20 December 2010.
Application should contain the following information:
Info about the author(s): First name / Last name / Date of Birth / City, Country / E-mail address / Telephone number /CV (Short Biography) in English up to 500 words / Web site (if any)
Info about the project(s):
- Project category (furniture, lighting, etc.)
- Project title
- Written description of the project in English up to 500 words
- Upload of the main image of the project – signature image (3D), JPG, RGB, resolution up to max 2000×2000 pixels, size up to 1 MB
- Upload of additional images, maximum 4 (3D, plans, sketches, photographs, etc.), JPG, RGB, resolution up to max 2000×2000 pixels, size max 1 MB per image
- Electronically signed statement: “In the event that my project is selected, I hereby confirm that I will build a prototype of my project and submit it / send it at my own expense to Mikser until 20th March 2011. I also give permission to Mikser to publicize, exhibit and tour it, from March 2011 to March 2012.”