The Magenta Foundation is pleased to announce year six of its Emerging Photographers exchange with BIG NEWS.
The annual competition is now the bi-annual Flash Forward Festival, starting in October 2010. The annual Flash Forward competition will continue to take place each year, complemented by the larger bi-annual Flash Forward Festival every other year.
The Magenta Foundation is a charitable arts publishing house, the first of its kind in Canada. It fills the very specific niche of establishing a place for Canadian artists in the international arts community, and it provides a vehicle for galleries to join forces and promote the work of Canadian artists internationally through the publication of books and exhibitions. Magenta will bring the photographic community together and work in tandem with key players to help bring increased recognition to Canadians through U.S. and international representation. Magenta intends to set the standard for community collaboration and partner with other organizations to create the domestic and international presence Canadians need to succeed.
Submit 10 digital images of your work.
Competition Prizing Has Increased, and the Bright Spark Award winner will receive $5,000.
As in the past, all competition Winners and Honourable Mentions will be published. 2010 FF selected winners will be published as part of the festival catalogue.
- All photographers in Canada, the UK and the US, 34 years of age and under, may submit.
- Digital files must be uploaded to our web site as indicated. Do not send by postal mail or other methods, unless you have specifically received permission to do so. You will be automatically disqualified.
- Please indicate whether images are available in higher resolution or as prints.
- All work must be submitted by the copyright holder or by permission of the copyright holder.
- Work will not be returned.
- By submitting your work, you are giving permission to publish it in the exhibition catalogue and/or display it on this web site.
- Each selected work will be accompanied by all credit information on photographer.
- Please be accurate when filling out your information.
- This year’s group exhibition will take place as part of the Flash Forward Festival’s nightly events.
How to enter?
Submissions are easy, but please read all guidelines before submitting.
- 10 digital images of your work:
- Resolution: low (72 dpi)
- Format: .jpg, .gif or .png only. Please be aware that your files will be viewed by the jurors on the web, and if you submit files in .tif, .psd or other non-web-viewable formats, they will not be visible and you will be disqualified.
- Size: 700 pixels on the longest side, and a file size NO larger than 500 kb.
- The caption/title, medium and dimensions for each image you intend to submit, including English translations if the captions are not in English. These do not need to be directly attached to the image file in any way -the image upload form provides fields for filling this information in.
- Please choose the images that you submit from a concise body of work which you feel best represents the style you work within.
- An artist’s statement regarding your work.
- A brief one-paragraph bio suitable for use in a book or exhibition catalogue.
- A complete CV (curriculum vitae) focussing on your artistic career.
- Your complete contact information, including address, phone number, e-mail, web address if any, etc.
There is a small administration fee (see below for the fees for each country). Payments may be made via Pay Pal on our web site.
- Canada: $50
- USA: $50
- UK: £21