The Olympic Games sees the biggest and most prestigious sporting event in the world being staged for the unprecedented third time in London next year, thus making London the first city in the world to host the modern summer games for a third time.
[AC-CA] is hosting an open international competition to generate progressive contemporary design ideas for a temporary, freestanding information pavilion within the world famous Trafalgar Square in the Heart of London during the 2012 Games.
Winning participants of the [LONDON] Olympic Games Information Pavilion Competition will receive prizes totaling $5,400 USD.
The aim of this International competition is to design a temporary, freestanding information pavilion within the world famous Trafalgar Square in the Heart of London during the 2012 Games. The competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence at a small scale which integrates function, structure, details and the spirit of the games.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an information pavilion that will be used by visitors during the games.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
- 1st Prize: $3,000 USD
- 2nd Prize: $1,600 USD
- 3rd Prize: $800 USD
There will also be 7 honorable mentions
- [LONDON] Olympic Games Information Pavilion is an open international competition hosted by [AC-CA] to generate progressive contemporary design ideas. There are no plans for the Information Pavilion to be built for the Games.
- This is a single stage competition with the aim of identifing the most appropriate proposal, which best satisfies the general and specific objectives of the contest.
How to enter?
Register on the official website and follow the guidelines to complete your entry.
- Early Bird Registration: $80 USD from 25 March – 1 May, 2011
- Late Registration: $120 USD from 2 May – 15 June, 2011