The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) is accepting applications for film Production Support Grants for 2011. In an effort to foster independent filmmaking, LIFT has made up to $20,000 in equipment credits available to eligible Associate and Full LIFT members.
The funds are intended for production or post-production purposes. A single project can receive a maximum of $2,000 in equipment credits.
Filmmakers at all levels of experience are welcome to apply.
- All Associate and Full LIFT members in good standing as of 30 April 2011 and on the application deadline are eligible to apply. All outstanding debts must be paid in full prior to applying.
- First time filmmakers and students may apply.
- LIFT Grant recipients from 2010 are ineligible. Previous grant recipients may apply after one grant deadline has passed.
- Anyone who has previously received a LIFT Production grant must have completed their previous project, and submitted final reports and final copies of the work to LIFT, before they can apply for a new project and/or waived the grant for projects not completed.
- Applicants must hold, and retain, creative and editorial control, as well as copyright to the project for which they apply.
- Applicants may apply for funding for only one project per application deadline.
- Collaborative projects are eligible to apply. One collaborator will submit the project in their name, but the application must include resumes for all participants.
- Interdisciplinary projects are welcome, however film must play a role in the project.
The following types of projects are ineligible: industrial or corporate projects; calling card films; student projects; music videos; conventional forms of theatrical and television entertainment, such as police dramas, movies-of-the-week and news reports; post-production projects that have no creative element, such as blow-up processes, transfers from one format to another, or subtitling.
A single project can receive a maximum of $2,000 in equipment credits.
LIFT has made up to $20,000 in equipment credits available to eligible Associate and Full LIFT members.
A grant application includes:
- a completed and signed application form;
- additional written materials as required;
- and support material as required.
If you have any questions about the application, inquiries can be made to submissions [at] lift.on.ca (please replace [at] with @).
One of the two kinds of LIFT memberships is required, if you want to apply for a grant.
- $60 per year – Associate LIFT members
- $120 per year – Full LIFT members